- Tomatoes: The red colours of the tomato, is produce , by a phytochemical called lycopene. Lycopene is known to reduce the hormone that caused acne and it also defend the skin against de UV rays.
- Green tea: Green tea has a substance called catechin, that is anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant. Studies showed, that drinking green tea, decrease the aging process of the skin, and help avoid skin cancer.
- Berries: Especially the darker one like cherry and blueberry. Those fruits are full of anti-oxidant that, remove free radical produce by the exposure to the sun.
- Fish/seafood: The omega-3 fatty acid found in the fish, but also in walnut and flax seed, help moisturize the skin, and decrease the wrinkling process.
- Brown rice: This rice has a lipid molecule called ceramid. Ceramid is important to hold hydratation of the skin.
- Water: A well hydrated decrease the aging process.
- Dark leafy green: Like kale and spinach, has vitamin A that help clear acne and help in skin repair.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Good food for good skin
If you want a beautiful, and healthy skin, there is certain food that are better for you, that will clear your skin and, slow the aging process of the skin.