The syptoms happen suddenly, and consist of frequent watery stool. But can also be associated with, abdominal cramping, nausea, bloating, fever and malaise. The syptoms usually goes by itself in one or two days. If it goes longer, you have to be carefull to drink enough fluid, to avoid dehydratation.
But there is some precaution you can take before and during your vacation.
- Take probiotic, one week before, and during all your vacation.
- Avoid eating food from street vendors.
- Drink water bottle.
- Wash your hand frequently.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat or seafood.
- Avoid eating raw fruits and vegetables, unless you peel them.
Related article: Advice for food safety